Information & application
Thursday 19th July – Thursday 26th July 2018
Treowen Manor, nr Monmouth.
All coaching, rehearsal and private practise will take place at Treowen Manor. Accommodation will be in shared rooms in the manor house.
The nearest train stations are Newport and Abergavenny.
Piano Daniel Tong
Violin Krysia Osostowicz
Viola Tom Dunn
Cello Marie Bitlloch
More information about our Residency tutors can be found here.
- Daily coaching from the four tutors plus private rehearsal and practice time.
- Working in groups that combine ensembles and tutors on separate repertoire.
- Concerts – we are planning three concerts, one given by the tutors towards the beginning of the Residency, and two further concerts during the week. Concerts will feature ensembles playing their own repertoire and in combined groups with the tutors.
The fee for the Residency is £600 per musician. We are seeking to provide bursaries, although we cannot guarantee that these will cover the entire cost and participants may be asked for a fee towards board and lodging. Please email the office to ask for the bursary application form.
Participants will be responsible for making their own travel arrangements to reach Treowen Manor or, if coming by train, Newport or Abergavenny station, where they will be picked up.
There are no performance fees for any of the artists at the Summer Residency.
We welcome applications from chamber ensembles (any combination of strings / piano). A maximum of four groups will be accepted for the Residency.
In order to be eligible, at least one member of a duo or trio, or two members of a quartet should be in full time education or have recently graduated (within the last two years).
Please nominate one of your quartet as your main contact. They should then write to us including the following:
- A contact address, phone number and email for your ensemble.
- Names of all ensemble members and details of each member’s musical education.
- A covering letter, telling us why you’d like the opportunity to participate in the Summer Residency.
- A biography for your ensemble with details of performances and prizes as applicable.
- Two references from musicians of standing who have heard your ensemble in performance. These can also be emailed directly to the office.
- Bursary application form, if applicable. Please note each member of the ensemble should complete a form as players will be assessed on an individual basis.
- Any further materials at your discretion; CDs, publicity, reviews, recommendations to support your application.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com. Please send CDs by post to 26 Orchard Road, Kingston-upon-Thames, KT1 2QW.
The closing date for application is Wednesday 18th April 2018. We will aim to inform successful candidates within two weeks of this date.