Information & application
Monday 3 July – Monday 10 July 2017
Treowen Manor, nr Monmouth.
All coaching, rehearsal and private practise will take place at Treowen Manor. Accommodation will be in shared rooms in the manor house, where everyone will eat together in the large dining room.
The nearest train stations are Newport and Abergavenny.
Piano Daniel Tong
Violin Michael Gurevich
Viola William Coleman
Cello Marie Bitlloch
More information about our Residency tutors can be found here.
- Daily coaching from the four tutors plus private rehearsal and practice time.
- Working in groups that combine ensembles and tutors on separate repertoire.
- Concerts – we are planning three concerts, one given by the tutors towards the beginning of the Residency, and two days of concerts over the final weekend featuring the ensembles playing their own repertoire and in combined groups with the tutors.
The fee for the Residency is £600 per musician. We are looking to provide bursaries, although we cannot guarantee that these will cover the entire cost and participants may be asked for a small fee towards board and lodging. Please email the office to ask for the bursary application form.
Participants will be responsible for making their own travel arrangements to reach Treowen Manor or, if coming by train, Newport or Abergavenny station, where they will be picked up.
There are no performance fees for any of the artists at the Summer Residency.
We welcome applications from chamber ensembles (any combination of strings / piano). A maximum of four groups will be accepted for the Residency.
In order to be eligible, at least one member of a duo or trio, or two members of a quartet should be in full time education or have recently graduated (summer 2015 or 2016).
Please nominate one of your quartet as your main contact. They should then write to us including the following:
- A contact address, phone number and email for your ensemble.
- Names of all ensemble members and details of each member’s musical education.
- A covering letter, telling us why you’d like the opportunity to participate in the Summer Residency.
- A biography for your ensemble with details of performances and prizes as applicable.
- Two references from musicians of standing who have heard your ensemble in performance. These can also be emailed directly to the office.
- Two copies of a good quality CD of approximately 20 minutes’ music (preferably two contrasting styles).
- Bursary application form, if applicable. Please note each member of the ensemble should complete a form as players will be assessed on an individual basis.
- Any further materials at your discretion; publicity, reviews, recommendations to support your application.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com. Please send CDs by post to 26 Orchard Road, Kingston-upon-Thames, KT1 2QW.
The closing date for application is Friday 24 March 2017. We will aim to inform successful candidates within two weeks of this date.